Wednesday, March 18

Bohemia Inspired Art Work

I just thought I was going to bed. Jon had a softball game this evening and didn't get home til late...so...I am still up!! BUT I put my sleep deprivation to good use...



These were the most hideous pictures I had ever seen...they were from the 70's originally and they were faded scenes of daisies and black eyed susans...they were probably very nice in their day since they had been done by a professional framer and the frames themselves were in great shape....but way out dated. So...I painted the frame, painted the mat to match my color selections and used my foam stamps...a little bling...and a couple of bling vintage buttons... They really remind me of the Bohemia line of paper with this same color palette...Not bad for a country girl : ) I just love finding something not so great and making it your own... Well it is 1:37am so I am seriously going to bed now... Have a wonderful Wednesday

5 comments:

Mary Kay said...

I can attest to the sad state of the original pictures. These look so pretty.

Kelley said...

These look great Julie! It's really amazing what you create, especially so late at night!

Anne said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

Terry Grosvenor said...

These new "Bohemia" frames are just beautiful. I love the color combination and the embellishments used. Well done, my friend! I am still trying to figure out my creative hour this week; maybe I should stay up later! I'm enjoying your blog, Julie.

Jennifer Moore said...

Those are really cute! :) P.S. - I finally created a blog! www.moore-than-words.blogspot.com